2023 RULES & REGULATIONS
PRE-REGISTRATION: No pre-registration required.
TIME FRAME: Only bucks taken between August 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023 will be considered eligible for the contest.
BOUNDARIES: Any buck taken in Game Management Unit 8, as defined by the 2023-2024 State of Alaska Hunting Regulations, will be eligible for entry into the contest.
ENTRIES & SCORING: Antler entries will be accepted between August 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023. Only one set of antlers per contestant may be entered. Any other contest entered with the same antlers automatically disqualifies the contestant from this contest. Big Ray’s will do the scoring at their convenience, based on Safari Club International Method 18T scoring standards after the close of the contest. Non-typical racks may be entered but only typical tines will count in the score. Antlers will only be scored if left with Big Ray’s for contest purposes. No antlers will be measured in the velvet, except for Early Buck entries. Antlers will be accepted for scoring only when the skullcap is cleaned of all hide, hair, eyes, brain and blood. Scoring is based on SCI standards but does not constitute an official SCI Score. The judging decision of Big Ray’s will be final.
PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded in several categories. Prize winning categories include:
BIG BUCK: The highest scoring antlers based on Safari Club International standards, Method 18T.
2ND THROUGH 5TH PLACE: Determined accordingly based on score.
**EARLY BUCK: NEW FOR 2023!!
- The highest scoring antlers based on Safari Club International standards, Method 18T entered in the Month of August. The winner of this prize will not be eligible for any other prize.
- Applies to any Buck harvested in Unit 8 between August 1st and August 31st.
- Hard horned or velvet bucks are eligible.
- SCI scoring method will be applied to both antler phases, 3% will be deducted from antlers in velvet.
- All entries must be delivered to Big Ray’s Kodiak store on September 1st by 2pm AKST. Scoring will take place on September 1st between 2-5 pm. The winner will be announced on September 1st at 6pm.
- All antlers, in velvet, must be picked up on September 1st by 7 pm.
- No Registration required.